Wednesday, December 2, 2009

plan b

I really truly absolutely suck at blogging. I never thought I would allow myself to be over a month behind, for all you know I’m still having my second day in barcelona. First and foremost I would like to blame the french school system and the fact that I literally have twenty hours of school a week. Secondly, I blame paris for being amazing and being close to so many fabulous places. Thirdly, I blame dorene for not offering to be my ghost typer sooner. (I’m currently writing this entry in my notebook while in art class with the hope that while I study for my impossible test tonight dorene will be typing up my apologetic post. So if you’re reading this right now feel free to thank dorene and her typing skills for contributing to this post. She’s typed two other posts for me before, I dictated while she typed; it was pretty awesome. Becoming a famous blogger overnight definitely has its perks.)

Back to me apologizing…I’m so very sorry to both my readers, yes all two of you. I figured I used to have three but I’m sure one of you has given up on me at this point. I realize that I have seventeen days (really sixteen because my last day consists of waking up and getting on a plane) and that true blogworthy posts about my past month of adventures across europe and in paris just aren’t going to happen. Before you reach for the kleenex, know that this is not a goodbye, this is a plan b, because well, life never goes the way you think it will, even when it come to the little things like a parisian blog.

So here goes plan b, I’m going to finish. I’m going to write about the rest of barcelona and then nice, as well as our two day excursion to normandy, four day trip to london, and sima’s weeklong visit which includes thanksgiving and the absolutely perfect Disneyland paris.

However, I’m going to take my time writing about the past, (obviously I’m really good at that) because well, what’s already done is done and I might as well take advantage of the last fresh seventeen blogtastic days I have left. I’m going to write about my favorite things in paris, what I’m going to miss, what I’m definitely not going to miss and so on, all the while studying for three tests, writing twenty pages worth of essays and presenting about food in bordeaux, in french! Hopefully between all this and my daily blogging I will get to do some final sightseeing and eating, oh and maybe actually packing at one point. So long story short I will continue writing about my trips and everything that happened in November basically once I get home. I figure I’ll be bored out of my mind and/or procrastinating from school-related things and have perfect blogging time. I’ve already began writing down bullet points of noteworthy days so that in case somehow I lose my memory on the flight home I will still be able to finish writing. I realize this is cheating but I would like to think that not documenting the past month in true roxanne detail would be a bigger crime, I only hope you will agree. (I’ve ever been this full of myself about anything ever before, if you know me you know that its true. Who would’ve known I’m a cocky blogger with no merit?)

Since I really can’t believe that I only have seventeen days left here, just in case you forgot how many days are left, I thought I would write a top ten list of things I’m looking forward to back at home, in the old usa.


Here’s my list, in no particular order.

Top ten things I look forward to back home:

1.      1.Family and friends, and most importantly being able to force hugs onto people besides dorene; I miss hugs.

2.      2.The massage place. My shoulders are pretty much rocks thanks to carrying a heavy bag all day everyday and a really hard ikea mattress.

3.      3.My wardrobe, including my shoes and bags. I think I may have actually forgotten about 90 percent of the things I own so I can’t wait to be excited to see everything I already have… again.

4.      4.Not having to think about what I’m going to have for dinner and having to do the dishes every night, that’s what an amazing mom is for.

5.      5.Warm weather. There are no words to explain how much I look forward to/how shocked I will be to not have to wear a down jacket, three cardigans, and a scarf to go out.

6.     6.Mexican food, enough said.

7.      7.Christmas, because like most people, I obviously love christmas and because this year my family is doing a thanksgiving part two type of thing, so my stomach cant wait.

8.      8.Nail polish. I only brought two colors with me to france and basically have just worn the same dark maroon color everyday; my poor fingernails must have forgotten what hot pink looks like.

9.      9.Froyo; frozen yogurt for those who aren’t up to par with the frozen dessert lingo. I reallyyyy hope I can still find pumpkin froyo somewhere when I get back because its my favorite and sadly, a very seasonal flavor.

10. 10.The US dollar because let’s face it everything back home is going to be super cheap in comparison to the euro.

Okay, I figure now I would cut dorene some slack and finish this post here so that I can convince her to type for me again tomorrow, but gene, she’s still alive!

No comments:

Post a Comment